South Jordan Youth Council is accepting applications for the 2016-2017 year, and invites students to become members of the Youth Council.
Applications must be received by May 7, 2016. Applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Eligibility to apply:
South Jordan Youth Council meetings are held twice a month, and meetings are approximately one-hour. Meetings typically begin at 7:00 p.m. on Thursdays at the South Jordan Community Center, located at 10788 South Redwood Road.
- You must be a resident of South Jordan.
- You must be enrolled in 9th, 10th, 11th or 12th grades during the year of your membership.
- You should be interested in learning how government works.
- You will be available to plan and participate in regular volunteer service with the Youth Council.
- You should expect to spend approximately six to seven hours each month for Youth Council meetings and service projects.
- You should expect to attend one South Jordan City Council meeting each quarter.
- You should expect to participate in monthly service opportunities.
Learn more about City and State government while making new friends and giving back to your community through a variety of volunteer service projects. Youth Council has volunteered at numerous South Jordan City-sponsored activities such as SoJo Summerfest, holiday activities, Farmers Market activities, park projects, races like the SoJo Marathon, and the Easter Egg and Candy Scramble.
South Jordan Youth Council has also worked with a variety of non-profits in the Salt Lake Valley community, as well as local elementary schools. We have participated at the annual Youth Summit.
Monthly meetings will commence when school begins and will follow the 2016-2017 academic calendar.
Contact: Krystal Hansen 801-879-0616, firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to download the application